Thursday, April 14, 2005

Never stop learning, a reminder

Manny Garcia-Tunon wrote a small column for Hispanic magazine in the March 2005 issue about the importance of learning. It is a short piece, but a nice reminder that we should pursue those things we feel strongly about. So, the next time you say, "I would like to be able to do such and such," go learn it if you feel strong enough about it. He writes that "whatever it may be, the truth is that if you felt strongly enough about it, you would surely find the time and means to do it." Hmm, in a way, sounds easier than it is. Makes me think of my writing. I so want to get better at it, but as usual, finding the time is not as easy. Though, I am finding that using this blog for some of it helps, so maybe gradually I will find the time to further explore it. In the meantime, as an educator, I could not agree more that one should never stop learning.

No comments: