Monday, April 04, 2005

Booknote: _The Sandman: Endless Nights_ (2003)

I finished reading this graphic novel last night. This one was my first exposure to the world of the Sandman, and I have to say I was pleased as well as impressed. The quality of the stories Neil Gaiman created is excellent. The stories can be moving, uplifting at times, curious, a bit spooky, so many ways to describe them. As this is a collection of stories, each story has a different illustrator, so it is neat to see the artists' takes on Gaiman's tales. I will definitely look for the rest of the Sandman series. While this is my first Sandman, this is not my first Gaiman work. I have read his novels American Gods and Coraline, both of which I highly recommend, and you don't have to be a fan of the Sandman to enjoy them. Coraline is labeled usually as young adult fiction, but it is not for the faint of heart so to speak. However, it is a very good work. If you are a fan of Gaiman's series, you will likely enjoy the novels as well.

No comments: