Monday, April 18, 2005

Another day at the reference desk...or, what was that question again?

What I find exciting about working at the Information Desk are the many different questions that students and patrons can come up with. For instance, this morning, I have answered a question on treatment of women during the Romantic period for a British lit. student, and I answered another one on bisexual married men for a psychology student. The second question caused another student seated at a computer nearby to turn her head and stare in my direction as I was conducting the reference interview with the psychology student. Needless to say, she turned away quickly when the the student and I looked back at her and smiled. I bet that woke her up. At any rate, we did find her some articles using Academic Search Premier and PsychArticles, so she should be ok.

No comments: