Monday, May 15, 2006

On how to teach about RSS

I am always interested in how to teach new things. I recently saw this post by Marshall Kirkpatrick, where he provides a discussion of teaching rss. What caught my eye was that he not only gives techniques, but he also describes the thinking behind why he teaches one element or another. I found it interesting that he set up a demo feed reader account with Newsgator, which any user can look at (find access details in his post).

A hat tip to the Social Software Weblog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found that useful! I love librarians - my partner is on her way back to school to become one as well. You might also appreciate the entry on my blog titled "how and why to use Feedburner." Good luck with your blog and career!

A. Rivera said...

Marshall: Glad you stopped by. I am one to admit I do not use feed burner much, but I will certainly take a look. Best of luck to your partner.

Best, and keep on blogging.