Monday, April 03, 2006

Booknote: The X-Files, vol. 1

Title: The X-Files, vol. 1
Author: Stephen Petrucha, et.al.
Publication Information: Checker Book Publishing Group, 2005
ISBN: 1933160020
Genre: Fiction
Subgenre: Comics, Graphic novels, scifi, fantasy, adventure

Given the popularity of the series, it is not surprising that a comic book would follow. This collection compiles an episode adaptation, five original comic book stories, and the adaptation of the pilot episode. For a fan of the series like me, this was like going back in time to the show I loved. The art is very good; it varies from story to story as you have different artists at work. The stories all have the feel of the show. This is probably the best endorsement I can give this collection. While I borrowed it from my local public library branch, this is a collection I would definitely add to my personal collection at some point. The stories are interesting, engaging, and they leave you wondering, just like the show. If you liked the show, you will definitely like this series. If you never saw the show, this may be a good introduction to what was one of the best television series of the previous decade. This is what they mean when they say, "they don't make them like they used to anymore."

No comments: