Friday, July 21, 2006

Gypsy Librarian's Trading Card


Well, folks, it finally happened. I made a trading card. I decided to go playful with it. I started playing with this South Park generator, and one thing led to another, so I made the card (make yours here). Playing with this has given me an idea. I may make a card, put it on some nice card stock, and make it something I can give to my students. I mean, business cards are nice, but I would rather give the students something a bit more cool. I am still a bit dazed by Immersion. On the one hand, I feel like I have to start writing and reflecting, but I am still a bit dazed, which led me to play with this stuff, which led to the card. By the way, I also loaded them to the Flickr group of librarian cards, which meant I had to open a Flickr account. Actually, I used my Yahoo! ID, which made it a bit easier. I am not a big photo taker, but I can see some potential in this. So much to learn. That's one of the things Immersion has made me aware of: that I still have a lot to learn, and a lot of work to carry on, and boy, it will be fun.

A hat tip to Stephen's Lighthouse, where Stephen Abrams posted his South Park look, which made me say, "hey, why not?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we need to make you some "Gypsy Librarian has a posse/Obey Gypsy" stickers? Just say the word and it shall be done.

Lisa

A. Rivera said...

Hmm, certainly something to think about, anonymous. Now, how much would anyone obey me is anyone's guess. Best, and keep on blogging.