Thursday, August 04, 2005

The power of books, just another example

The Feel Good Librarian has posted a note of a reference query that illustrates very well what books do. It is a moving little piece that gives credit not only to the power of books, but the kindness and generosity of librarians throughout our libraries. Go on over and read it.

And while I am at it, if I ever get to the point where I am unable to read, I can only hope my loved ones will do it for me. I am not a huge fan of poetry either, but the poetry of José De Diego, Luis Llorens Torres (both Puerto Rican poets, but others would do nice as well), Jose Martí (Cuban poet, Versos Sencillos), and Pablo Neruda would be nice. In English, Whitman would do nicely. Anything by García Márquez would also be nice, especially Cien años de soledad (One Hundred Years of Solitude). Anyways, just some ideas I picked on the fly since there are so many things I love to read. Books are powerful indeed.

No comments: