Tuesday, March 03, 2009

March is National Women's History Month: Some links

One of my tasks as Outreach Librarian is to put up various displays and exhibits throughout the year. I have already put up some things for National Women's History Month, which is celebrated in March, and I am still gathering items for a book list and to complete a display. Below are some links to various resources of interest. I may use some of them for my library, but I am putting them here so I can keep track of them. Also, if anyone out there finds them useful, feel free to use and pass them around. This post is a work in progress, and I may add more links as I find them.

And by the way, as of this writing, Obama has not signed any presidential proclamation for the month. Hey, you are running behind dude.


The links:


Update Note (3/4/09):

Some Organizations with resources:
Various virtual exhibits on Women's History:

Update note (3/7/09):

2 comments:

b7 said...

Thank you for this post! I have a shiny new MLS and my first on-campus interview has me preparing a library outreach plan for Women's History month. Thank you for these wonderful leads!

A. Rivera said...

Beth: You are welcome. Best of luck on the interview and welcome to the profession.

Best, and keep on blogging.